Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nyman is an island

This story has been doing the rounds for a couple of weeks now (and I read another take on it in Grazia magazine tonight), but I think this is really the definitive report, courtesy of The Daily Mail (aka Der Sturmer). It's an object lesson in how no one ever walks away from a Daily Mail story with their dignity intact. I particularly like the references to Michael Nyman's stinginess, his lack of bedroom stamina, and the unnecessary comments on his physical appearance. But then, just as Ms Slavin might be thinking she's earned the sympathy of the Mail's reporter, the paper's lofty disdain for both parties is spelled out in black and white: "[T]hey were both fooled and both made fools of themselves."

The best line of all: 'Then she added: "You underestimated my intellect Michael and you underestimated my big heart."' Yep. I'm sure that's exactly what she said. Verbatim.

No comments: