Monday, July 24, 2006

Sasha Frere-Jones has been running a short series of record store reminiscences on his blog, some rejecting the High Fidelity staff-archetype, others claiming that it's still alive and well in Kim's, Other Music and sundry other emporia. Other posts bemoan the disappearance of the CD store in a digital age; still others claim that it had had its day what with the snooty clerks and all (I'm paraphrasing, of course).

Anyway, one such reminiscence comes from Rob of Reckless Records in Chicago (but which branch? He doesn't say). I didn't have much interaction with the staff at Reckless, but I did visit and buy on many occasions back in the day. There's a better-than-evens chance, then, that Rob actually sold me many of the CDs in my collection. Dude, I salute you and your ex-employers alphabetised racks.

No comments: