Thursday, April 26, 2007

Pointer Order

Apologies to those who are keeping the faith, either by checking back here intermittently, or by subscribing (click on the orange feed icon on the left). My blogging may be a little sporadic over the next two months as I'm trying to finish a dissertation. However, I'll try and post a couple of times a month, and if anybody's still reading in July, well, lucky old me.

Out of necessity, this'll be a quick post, but the tune's a goody, and sure to imbue those of a certain age with a sense of nostalgia. Remember that Sesame Street pinball cartoon, with the numbers being counted off ("1,2,3,4,5,6/7,8,9,10/11, twe-e-e-e-e-e-elve...")? Turns out it was Ruth, Anita, Bonnie and June, aka The Pointer Sisters, pre-"Jump", "Automatic", "I'm So Excited" etc. A couple of years ago it was dusted off and cut together by the venerable DJ Food, given a very limited release on Ninja Tune, and today it's on my blog. Enjoy!


Download Pinball Number Count by DJ Food/The Pointer Sisters (MP3) (deleted May 2008)

No comments: